Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Book Review: Caitlyn Duffy - The Tycoon's Daughter

     Today I will be reviewing 'The Tycoon's Daughter' by Caitlyn Duffy, I got this book through iTunes iBooks for $1.99.  You can also get this book through the Kindle app for $1.99
       'The Tycoon's Daughter' is the fourth installment in the Treadwell Academy Series. It is 349 pages long, and is a Young Adult novel.
        Here are the links to my reviews of the first three books in the series...



Since my e-book version didn't have a synopsis, here is one from Amazon that I trimmed down.

    "  Emma's known on the campus of the prestigious Treadwell Academy for having it all; her father's the owner of Hunter Lodge, a massive fashion corporation, and Emma's gained international fame as the cover model of its popular, sexy catalog. She's gorgeous and she knows it, has a cute boyfriend at the nearby St. Johns Preparatory Academy for boys, and  rules the school with her best friend, Paige.
      But everything changes the summer before Junior year when Emma gains ten pounds and her fathers creative team decided she's too heavy to put on the catalog cover. Mortified over being fired, she develops an obsession with losing weight that quickly escalates into an eating disorder. Emma vows to gain revenge for her dismissal from Hunter Lodge by taking over the runway modeling world by storm, and when Emma puts her mind to something... look out.
      Surprising even herself, Emma accomplishes everything she sets out to do; she finds a powerful agent, lands desirable modeling jobs, and starts building a name for herself. However, all of Emma's success comes at the price of her physical and emotional health, and she knows she's in serious trouble when she realizes that it's impossible to be perfect when everyone's definition o the word is different.   "


What do I think?    5 Stars

Like:  The entire book!!!!
Dislike: NOTHING!

   I thought I loved the first three books in this series, but  I LOVED this book. As you all know from yesterdays post raising awareness about eating disorders is very important to me, and that's why this book means so much to me.
   I've read books before that's about a teen girl with an eating disorder, but none of them really seemed realistic, and some of them even promoted Pro-Ana and Pro-Mia behaviors. What I love the most about this book is that you can really tell that the Caitlyn Duffy did her research and you can tell that it's something she really does care about. 
   'The Tycoon's Daughter' was a great addition to the Treadwell series and I can't wait to till the next book in the series is released!
     Would I recommend it? Of course I would recommend it, it was incredible. I can't say enough good words about the ENTIRE Treadwell series because they're all equally amazing! I think this is a book every teen girl should read because it's such an inspirational and educational book, it shows the reality of how severe eating disorders are and how hard it is to seek treatment.

 If I had to pick favorites I would definitely say that 'The Tycoon's Daughter' is number one on my list followed by 'The Viscount's Daughter'

So that's all for today, I hope you like my  review. Have you read this book? What did you think? Do you have any recommendations similar to the Treadwell Academy Series?   
XoXo, 
           Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment