Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Book Review: Johanna Lindsey - A Rogue of My Own (Locke Family Series #3

 Today I will be reviewing ' A Rogue of My Own' by Johanna Lindsey, I bought this book about 3 years ago for $7.99.
         'A Rogue of My Own' is a Historical Romance Novel, set in the 19th century and  is the third book in the Locke Family Series. It is 393 pages long, and took me about 5 hours to read.


   


 As usual here is the blurb from the back of the book.

    "For Lady Rebecca Marshall, a whirlwind of excitement begins when she becomes a maid of honor at the court of Queen Victoria. But when Rebecca unknowingly steps into the rivalry between the Queen's spymaster and a noblewoman who uses the maids as courtly spies, she is soon entangled in a web of deceit with the charming marquis Rupert St. John. The devastatingly handsome ne'er-do-well is cousin of Raphael Locke, with whom Rebecca was once infatuated...... He's also a secret agent of the crown who leads a double life.
     Certain that guileless Rebecca is spying on him, Rupert seduces her--- then, forced to wed, he believes she has set a trap of the worst sort in order to marry into his powerful family! But as he comes to know Rebecca's true heart, his vow of revenge and infidelity becomes a desire to share many passionate nights--- only with his beautiful wife. "


So what did I think?

Like:  It was fun to read. 
Dislike:  Nothing.

Age Rating: 17 and up. Depending on age and maturity.

I will start off by saying that Johanna Lindsey has been one of my favorite authors for many years now, but her new work just isn't as good as some of her older books and series ( The Malory Family Series). 'A Rogue of My Own' is still a great book, it just isn't as great as I was hoping it would be. 

I would describe the book as being a battle of the sexes, with Rebecca and Rupert constantly trying to spite one another. 

I would definitely recommend 'A Rogue of My Own' it's a wonderful book and a great story, it's an easy read, and it doesn't require you to know much about the 19th century. It may not be as great as some of Johanna's other books, but it's still worth taking the time to read!

 So that's all for today, I hope you enjoyed it, let me know what you think in the comments Have you read this book?  Do you have any recommendations?
          XoXo,
               Lori
   

No comments:

Post a Comment