Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Dressing Like a (Young) Professional

Last year after I turned 16 I decided I wanted to get a job to save some money for college. Well that didn't turn out as I planned, I applied, and applied, and applied some more, but nothing.
So I stopped looking.
In March when I turned 17 I decided to start looking again, and so far I still haven't found anything, I've turned in about 10 applications and I still haven't heard anything yet, but I still have hope that something will pop up soon.

While filling out these applications, I started thinking about the future, and about what I want to do after I graduate high school. I know I want to go on to college, I'm just not sure what career path I want to go down.

(I'm thinking about majoring in Psychology with a minor in History.)

After I started thinking about all the different career choices, I started to think about the different work environments, and workplace dress codes.
 Then a little light bulb flashed in my head, I knew immediately that I wanted to make a blog post about this. 

Recently I've been trying to do more fashion-y type blog posts so I thought this would be the perfect excuse to do a fashion post.


I tried to incorporate different styles, to suite different careers. You can't wear dresses in all careers, and you can't wear a pantsuit in others, every career and workplace is different, and that's great! 


Now that I look at it, I realize that the third set is kind of all over the place, but that's okay!


My favorite set out of the three is definitely the first set. I used to hate dresses and NEVER wear them, but for the past year I've kinda become obsessed and I want to buy every dress I see (but I don't).

Anyway that's all for today, I really hope you like it, and let me know what you think below.
XoXo,
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment