Wednesday, September 17, 2014

How To: Write A Paper


Hey y'all, since the new school year has started in most places by now, I thought I'd share some of my tips for writing papers this semester! In school my favorite subjects have always been History and English, I've passed all of my English classes with no less than a final grade of 97 and in one class my final grade was a 100, so I'd say writing papers are definitely one of my strong suits.

Below I've listed the process I go through when I'm writing a paper and I also included some links to help you out!

1. Write a good thesis statement. 
2. Outline. Write one sentence for each paragraph.
3. Research. Find evidence to support your thesis.
4. Add some fluff. Add information and facts to support your thesis.
5. Proofread.
6. Edit. 
7. Ask a friend or teacher to read it and make suggestions. 
8.  Let it sit for a few hours, then go back and re-read it with a clear mind.
9. Make final edits.
10. Turn it in, sacrifice a chicken and hope for the best!

If you're still having trouble writing your paper here are some links to help you out!

How to Write A Research Paper
When to Cite
Paper Rater-Paper Grader
How to write a kickass essay with 1/2 the stress
Guide to Writing Thesis Statements

Well that's all for today, I hope this helps you this year! If you wanna see more posts like this or similar to this, let me know below, I'm open to any suggestions or requests!

XoXo,
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment